Analyze easily text with AI: Keyword Extraction
This article is brought to you by the Eden AI team. We allow you to test and use in production a large number of AI engines from different providers directly through our API and platform. You are a solution provider and want to integrate Eden AI, contact us at : firstname.lastname@example.org.
In this article, we are going to see how we can easily integrate a Keyword Extraction engine in your project and how to choose and access the right engine according to your data.
Keyword extraction (also known as keyword detection or keyword analysis) is a text analysis technique that automatically extracts the most used and most important words and expressions from a text. It helps summarize the content of texts and recognize the main topics discussed. Keyword extraction uses machine learning artificial intelligence (AI) with natural language processing (NLP) to break down human language so that it can be understood and analyzed by machines.
In 1999, Turney hypothesized that keywords facilitate a user’s reading by allowing him to surf from one key point to another when they highlighted in a text. Other researchers use their synthetic virtues in automatic summary construction methods, but keyword extraction is becoming increasingly useful with the rise of the Internet.
In the 2010s, many researchers are interested in automatic keyword extraction and some evaluation campaigns, such as DEFT and SemEval, propose automatic keyword extraction tasks in order to compare the different existing systems. For this purpose, the data and the evaluation method are the same for all systems. Supervised and unsupervised methods are emerging, and are nowadays combined to train keyword extraction engines.
You can use Keyword extraction in numerous fields, here are some examples of common use cases:
- Online shop: extract keywords from users feedbacks on products to find out which topics have the highest relevance
- Customer support: keywords extraction helps analyzing customer feedback faster
- Healthcare: using keywords extraction to facilitate medical reports understanding
The Multi cloud approach
When you need a Keyword Extraction engine, you have 2 options:
- First option: multiple open source Keyword Extraction engines exist, they are free to use. Some of them can be performant but it can be complex to set up and use. Using an open source AI library requires data science expertise. Moreover, you will need to set up a server internally to run open source engines.
- Second option: you can use engines from your cloud provider. Actually, cloud providers like Google Cloud, AWS, Microsoft Azure, Alibaba Cloud or IBM Watson are all providing multiple AI engines often including Keyword Extraction. This option looks very easy because you can stay in a known environment where you might have abilities in your company and the engine is ready-to-use.
The only way you have to select the right provider is to benchmark different providers’ engines with your data and choose the best OR combine different providers’ engines results. You can also compare prices if the price is one of your priorities, as well as you can do for rapidity.
This method is the best in terms of performance and optimization but it presents many inconveniences:
- you may not know every performant providers on the market
- you need to subscribe and contract with all providers
- you need to master each providers API documentation
- you need to check their pricings
- You need to process data in each engine to realize the benchmark
Here is where Eden AI becomes very useful. You just have to subscribe and create an Eden AI account, and you have access to many providers engines for many technologies including Keyword Extraction. The platform allows you to benchmark and visualize results from different engines, and also allows you to have centralized cost for the use of different providers.
Eden AI provides the same easy to use API with the same documentation for every technology. You can use the Eden AI API to call Keyword Extraction engines with a provider as a simple parameter. With only a few lines, you can set up your project in production.
There are numerous Keyword Extraction engines available on the market: it’s impossible to know all of them, to know those who provide good performance. The best way you have to integrate Keyword Extraction technology is the multi-cloud approach that guarantees you to reach the best performance and prices depending on your data and project. This approach seems to be complex but we simplify this for you with Eden AI which centralizes best providers APIs.