This article is brought to you by the Eden AI team. We allow you to test and use in production a large number of AI engines from different providers directly through our API and platform. You are a solution provider and want to integrate Eden AI, contact us at : firstname.lastname@example.org
In this article, we are going to see how we can easily integrate an Explicit Content Detection engine in your project and how to choose and access the right engine according to your data.
An explicit content detection engine allows you to detect Not Suitable For Work (NSFW) media (i.e., image/ video) content. The Explicit content engine is based on residual network (i.e., deep learning model) which returns a probability to indicate the explicitness in media content. The value is further compared with a defined threshold to decide whether the content is explicit or not. These engines not only differentiates between explicit/non explicit contents but also indicates the degree of explicitness in any media content.
You can use Explicit Content Detection in numerous fields, here are some examples of common use cases:
- social media: pictures and video moderation
- TV content moderation
- e-commerce: content moderation for website like eBay
- dating site: content moderation for users pictures
The Multi cloud approach
When you need a Explicit Content Detection engine, you have 2 options:
- First option: multiple open source Explicit Content Detection engines exist, they are free to use. Some of them can be performant but it can be complex to set up and use. Using an open source AI library requires data science expertise. Moreover, you will need to set up a server internally to run open source engines.
- Second option: you can use engines from your cloud provider. Actually, cloud providers like Google Cloud, AWS, Microsoft Azure, Alibaba Cloud or IBM Watson are all providing multiple AI engines often including Explicit Content. This option looks very easy because you can stay in a known environment where you might have abilities in your company and the engine is ready-to-use.
The only way you have to select the right provider is to benchmark different providers’ engines with your data and choose the best OR combine different providers’ engines results. You can also compare prices if the price is one of your priorities, as well as you can do for rapidity.
This method is the best in terms of performance and optimization but it presents many inconveniences:
- you may not know every performant providers on the market
- you need to subscribe and contract with all providers
- you need to master each providers API documentation
- you need to check their pricings
- You need to process data in each engine to realize the benchmark
Here is where Eden AI becomes very useful. You just have to subscribe and create an Eden AI account, and you have access to many providers engines for many technologies including Explicit Content Detection. The platform allows you to benchmark and visualize results from different engines, and also allows you to have centralized cost for the use of different providers.
Eden AI provides the same easy to use API with the same documentation for every technology. You can use the Eden AI API to call Explicit Content Detection engines with a provider as a simple parameter. With only a few lines, you can set up your project in production.
There are numerous Explicit Content Detection engines available on the market: it’s impossible to know all of them, to know those who provide good performance. The best way you have to integrate Explicit Content Detection technology is the multi-cloud approach that guarantees you to reach the best performance and prices depending on your data and project. This approach seems to be complex but we simplify this for you with Eden AI which centralizes best providers APIs.